Decrypting the key to go fast
Every coach has heard of economy. Running economy, cycling economy, swimming economy…the word is used across all disciplines. But very few of us actually understand it - let alone measuring it!
Now you can measure and track economy during the training process - easy & reliable!
What is economy ?
Economy relates to the conversion of energy into speed or power (depending on what you measure)
Understanding economy is understanding how much energy is needed to move at a certain speed or produce a certain power.
The amount of energy available is a matter of physical ability, but how fast an athlete moves with that energy is a whole different story.
Decrypt the key to go fast
- Economy is the single most important parameter in free motion sports such as running and swimming. Obtaining economy in your athletes will become a competitive advantage.
- Identify and differentiate if performance improvements are due to increased metabolic capacity or increased efficiency.
- Assess the impact of a prescribed training regime on changes in economy.
- Monitor economy on a regular basis and tune your training programs to perfection.
- INSCYD's high precision allows you to even capture the effect of different equipment - such as running shoes or wetsuits - on energy cost at various speeds.
- Include evidence-based guidance on the fastest gear into your service
- Expand previous workouts of your coaching to trigger adaptation to increase efficiency.