Lactate accumulation & recovery
In disciplines with a random interval-type work demand, such as cycling or football, repeated high-intensity efforts are unavoidable. Every bout of sprinting or attacking may result in lactate accumulation. The duration and intensity an athlete can recover at from these efforts is crucial.
Ever wondered why one athlete can recover much quicker then another? Well, here might well be your answer.
EXPLORE THE REAL ABILITY TO PERFORM
- The ability of an athlete to use lactate as a fuel and to shuttle it is absolutely key in high intensity sports. Such abilities are highly trainable. But you cannot train for what you cannot measure.
- Start monitor it - now! You will find significant differences between athletes that mirror their different performances in competition.
- INSCYD will give you and your athlete key insight into this crucial science, which will push athletes performance to the next level.
- You will find significant differences between athletes that mirror their different performances in competition.
The ability to recover from lactate accumulation has been a secret key performance metric in professional road cycling in the past decade.
Tailor made interval training
Stop using generic interval training programs with set on and off times.
- Instead adjust the recovery time and intensity to perfectly match the metabolic profile of your athlete.
- Set the power or pace at the exact intensity to reach the desired accumulation of lactate.
- Alternate between accumulation and matching recovery zones to precisely align accumulation and recovery.
- Lactate shuttling and combustion will adapt and athletes performance will increase.